This article in Salon is about the trend for women in public life to identify as “not a feminist.” This has led to much controversy, including a feud between Naomi Wolf and Katy Perry. This might be one of those cases in which the parties do not all share the same definition of the word. When i hear a woman say “I’m not a feminist,” first I think, “How could you not be? Do you want to be June Cleaver?” I think it must mean “I’m pretty, I shave my legs, I like men, and I don’t want to wear aviator glasses.” What do you think being a “feminist” means?
- Defending Elisabeth Hasselbeck just this once: Listen and decide for yourself
- Not the Onion: CBSNews.com turns White House security breach into bizarre “angry first lady” story
- Sheldon Whitehouse speaking truth to stupid on climate change
- Mediaite Misfires Trying to Create Fake Outrage over Chris Matthews’s Obama Quote
- Podcast Episode #7 – Maryland Delegate Heather Mizeur