This article in Salon is about the trend for women in public life to identify as “not a feminist.” This has led to much controversy, including a feud between Naomi Wolf and Katy Perry. This might be one of those cases in which the parties do not all share the same definition of the word. When i hear a woman say “I’m not a feminist,” first I think, “How could you not be? Do you want to be June Cleaver?” I think it must mean “I’m pretty, I shave my legs, I like men, and I don’t want to wear aviator glasses.” What do you think being a “feminist” means?
- Maddow calls out ABC News over Benghazi lies: “You have to fix this”
- Why I hate the term “Conspiracy Theorist”
- Two intellectuals have a rational discussion about pornography
- Two conservatives have a rational discussion on same-sex marriage
- I would like to see these people have real conversation about gun control and rape.